Friday, February 18, 2011

The loneliest years of my life


my dog and my mongoose ware my sole companions, fresh from the jungle The latter graw at my side, slept in my bed. and ate at my table. No one can imagine the affectionate of a mongoose.  little pet was faliar with every minute of my day to day life. She trampled all over  my long papers and raced after me all day long. She  curled up between my shoulder and my head at siesta time and slept there the fitful, electric sleep of wild animals. She  accompanied me on my  long walks  by the  sea shore. I learned what true Loneliness was in those days and years in Wellawatte. During all that time

I slept on a field cot like a soldier. All had for company were a table, and the   two Chairs for my work, strong up   the     shore   I would  come to the elephants bathing hole. With my dog alongside, my companion I couldn’t ged lost. He was my companion, my guardian who always   protected me.

No comments:

Post a Comment